(1) As a citizen of the United States, living in North Carolina, do you think you should have the right to vote for or against a Congressional candidate who is a resident of Texas? (yes or no)
(2) As a citizen of North Carolina, living in Dare County, do you think you should have the right to vote for or against a candidate for the state legislature who will represent a district from the western part of the state? (yes or no)
(3) As a citizen of Manteo, NC, do you think you should have the right to vote for or against a candidate for the mayor of Duck, NC? (yes or no)
|(click chart for larger view)|
(source: The Coastland Times & U.S. Census 2010)
(5) Do you believe that a U.S. citizen who is eligible to vote for a candidate for any given political office, national, state or local, should also have the same right to run for that office? (yes or no)
(6) If you are a Dare County citizen, do you think the current method of choosing your county commissioners and school board members are fair, regardless of where you may live in the county? (yes or no)
If you voted "No" for questions 1,2,3 and "Yes" for question 4, can you tell us why you voted "Yes" for #4?
If you voted "Yes" for question 5, are you aware this does not apply to the offices of county commissioner and school board member in Dare County?
If you voted "Yes" for question 6, do you also feel that voting districts in Dare County should be as equal in population sizes as possible? Why?
Now, please give EyeonDare your comments on this matter, and please take the "Poll" in the upper right hand corner of this blog. Thanks.